SIX MAN AND AN OLD CAR


What does make someone buy a car in the US, and then lose the purchase money, why is it not possible to import used cars in Brazil?  What makes six mature men, all over 50, one in their late 70s, stay in a car for more than 30 days for 10-12 hours a day? What makes one endure passing through the southern US, crossing all of Central America, traversing much of South America without being able to stop to see the cities, take pictures at sights? It's hard to explain it, especially when it's not the first time and therefore, even the taste of novelty doesn't exist anymore ...

The fact is that this trip is, above all, a brake, a slowdown in life;  an attempt to stop walking above the existential speed limit. In this trip, there are only myself and the adventure companions.  I'm in their hands and they in mine.  I will be obliged to bear them and them to me;  I will be called by myself to revisit what I have done with life and the choices it has given me.

This trip is quite unpredictable - the crossing of borders; the resistance of the automobile;  the safety of all ... - but it is above all a tribute to coexistence, a gesture of faith in communion and empathy.
(MÁ)

Comentários

Postagens mais visitadas deste blog